Social Distancing Practices for FCCW Worship Services
Trust in the Lord and not our procedures. Then practice these protocols faithfully as a way of loving one another. Christ is in control AND He normally works through His people to accomplish what He is doing. (Jeremiah 9:23-24; Second Corinthians 1:8-11; Hebrews 2:9-18; 10:23-25)
If you are sick, PLEASE STAY HOME. If you are not sure, stay home and make use of the live stream. No one with an elevated temperature should come for any reason.
We encourage those with health risks, co-mortality factors, and household contact with those who have such risk factors to STAY HOME and make use of the live streaming for a little longer. As those without these issues return to more gatherings, even with social distancing protocols, there will be more virus transmission. So please wait and allow the rest of the population to build the necessary herd-immunity for you to be able to participate more safely later.
If and only if you do not have higher risk of serious COVID complications and do not live with anyone who does, then please come participate in the worship services following these precautions:
- Please wear a facemask (no one will be permitted entrance without one).
- Please come in with your household members and sit together.
- Please maintain a distance of six (6) feet from anyone not in your household.
- Please keep an empty pew between your household and anyone else.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or any other physical contact with anyone not
in your own household.
- Please thoroughly wash your hands before and after the worship service.
- Please only one person in the bathroom (or parent and child) at a time.
Please know we are doing the following to help protect you and our neighbors:
- Disinfecting all public surfaces, doorknobs, etc. before and after every service.
- Praying for the congregation and all our neighbors.
- Continuing to provide live-streaming for those unable to join physically yet.
- Removed hymnals and Bibles from the pews, providing Orders of Worship with
printed hymns. You may want to bring your own Bible.
- Rope off every other pew to help maintain adequate distance between
In order to minimize potentially lethal virus transmission
- We will use individual cups and wafers for communion on the first Sunday back.
- No passing offering plate—please place offering in box in the back.
- No-Contact Greeters will assist with social distancing protocols outside of
- Hand-sanitizer stations at entrances.